Hello Harbor City Church Family,
Life is changing. It feels like every day there are new restrictions and greater measures taken to protect our most vulnerable and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. I’m reaching out to update you on what Harbor City Church is doing to care for our fellowship and community. During this time, we want to stay safe, and stay connected.
First thing, we want to make sure that every person in our church is connected regularly in this season. To help us to do that, please update your contact info here.
This is our plan:
- Sunday Services: we are moving our service exclusively online. We will have a live service broadcast each Sunday at 9:00am, streamed from Facebook. The service will also be posted online for viewing any time that is better for you and your family. We’ll post an electronic bulletin with lyrics to the songs and a place to take notes from the message. And we will have communion! Have your own bread and wine/juice available.
- Harbor City Kids Church: weekly kid’s bulletins will be posted on our website. Additionally, Christina, our Harbor City Kids’ Director, and her team will record and post video lessons for families to watch at home with their children. Stay connected to this ministry through Instagram @harborcitykids.
- Life Group: Life Groups are still meeting...virtually! Through the online platform Zoom, Life Group Leaders will be setting up virtual meeting times.
Not in a life group, but want to be? Now is a great time to virtually join a group! Email Chad and he’ll get you connected:
- Regularly posted, short videos from Pastor Steven: posted on our website, Facebook page, and Instagram. A boost of teaching, perspective, and Biblical encouragement so that the anxiety and panic don’t overwhelm… Watch and talk about it with others.
- Weekly emails with announcements, reminders, and encouragement. If you received this email, you’ll receive future ones.
Paul’s words are timely for us:
Philippians 1:27-28 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents.
The church is the family of God. Take action to stay safe, and stay connected. Be in community and fellowship. Encourage your neighbors. Here’s how from home:
- Use all of technology to stay connected. Phone, Text, Facetime, Skype, Social Media.
- Step outside, take a walk, and give thanks to God for the beauty of His creation.
- Surprise someone with encouragement and love in a radical, out of the ordinary way.
- Set time daily to call at least 2 friends or family members to check in, ask about their needs, and pray with/for them.
- Check the Harbor City Facebook account and weekly emails for opportunities to serve our City.
- Set intentional limits to your screen time and news exposure. It can feed the panic!
- Invite someone to an online watch party for church on Sunday! Arrange to be on speakerphone with a friend during the service, or text with them while you both watch together from your own homes.
- Have a need or know of something specific within our church family? Email .
Stay safe, and stay connected. We love you.
Pastor Steven, Harbor City Church