Pie Night & Food Donation Drive
Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Eat Pie & Help Families in Need
Bring a Pie to Share and a Food Item to Donate (see below)
Don't wait until you're stuffed with turkey to eat pie! Join us for a special evening of thankfulness and pie eating BEFORE the turkey—on Thanksgiving Eve! Bring a HOMEMADE pie to share—we'll provide the plates, utensils, cider and pizza (pizza pie, get it?)!
Make it extra special by giving a family in need the joy and pride of making their own home-cooked Holiday meal. Bring a non-perishable food item to donate to families of Walker Elementary.
Join us for the best tradition of the year!
Kids welcome (no childcare provided)
Pie night food collection items:
- canned and/or dry beans
- canned fruit in juice, not in light or heavy syrup
- canned vegetables, with no or low-sodium
- canned tuna or chicken
- rice and or quinoa
- unsalted nuts and/or seeds
- shelf stable milk and milk substitutes
- whole grain pasta
- low-sodium pasta sauce
- unsweetened apple sauce
- olive or canola oil
- canned tomatoes
- dried fruits, no sugar added
- chicken, beef and vegetable broths and stock
- (no glass containers and pop-top lids are preferable)