Temporary Location Change!
Starting Feb 6, Harbor is meeting at the First Presbyterian Church chapel in Banker's Hill, located at 1740 Fourth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101. We will still be meeting at 9AM.
Why are we moving?
Our landlord, Moniker, is completely renovating the meeting space. We will not be able to meet in the warehouse because of the renovations, but we will continue to use our upstairs offices.
What time will we be meeting?
Parking at First Pres?
There are three parking lots available, each marked with signs indicating they are for First Presbyterian or City Tree Christian School visitors.
- One is located on Elm Street between Fourth Avenue and Third Avenue, just north of the church. If using a GPS navigation device, enter the address of 320 Elm Street, San Diego, CA 92101.
- The other two parking lots are located on Third Avenue between Date street and Elm street. (To find these lots using a GPS device, enter the address 1742 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101.)
Metered street parking is FREE on Sundays.
There are designated Senior Assisted parking spaces on the west side of Third Avenue between Date and Elm streets are clearly marked and reserved on Sunday mornings for those who may need to park closer to the church entrance to minimize walking distance. Note that these parking spaces are not fully compliant spaces and will not accommodate those requiring extra wide access. If using a GPS navigation device, enter the address of 1742 Third Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101.
- Wheelchair access is right next to the main entrance to the chapel (large brown metal doors) on 4th.
- There is no special seating section for wheelchairs, but there is enough space for a wheelchair and walking
- All restrooms have wheelchair access.
- There are numerous handicap parking spaces located on the public streets as well as in the three church parking lots.
How long will we be at First Pres?
We are hoping to be back in the Warehouse by Easter, April 17. Our landlord is working hard to make sure that the renovations are finished before then, but we recognize that there are many unforeseeable reasons why that may not happen. We will keep you informed!
Why are we meeting at First Presbyterian Church?
The Harbor City staff spend several weeks putting together a list of the things we felt are necessary for us to have our worship service. This list included everything from kids space to audio-visual needs to proximity to the East Village. The Lord graciously provided us with several good options for alternative meeting spaces. In the end the staff and leadership all agreed that First Presbyterian was the best option. One of the factors in this decision was the generosity of First Presbyterian in welcoming us to use the space and provide us with rooms for kids.
Will this be a Harbor City service?
Harbor City Church will have its own service in the chapel of First Presbyterian Church. We will not be having a joint service wither either of the congregations that are using the sanctuary of the church.
How will the renovations impact our worship services when we return?
Moniker has been very attentive to our needs as a church in their renovation plans. Chad Gray has been able to dialogue with them about many of our needs. Moniker has worked with us so that the renovated space will be even more conducive for our worship services. We are very grateful for Moniker and excited for how the renovations will help us as a church.